Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ahh, spring..

Spring is definitely here.

People seem to be having babies left and right.

Bradford Pear trees are blooming. (My grandparents have one in their backyard, one of my favorite trees,)

And people are thinking about spring break and summer jobs and vacations.

While I'm not thinking about spring break, I'm tickled to announce that I have been offered a lifeguard position. Those of you who know me know that I was a lifeguard in high school, and loved it, and I've been wanting to get back into it. After deciding against selling It Works, I wasn't sure if I wanted to find a job or focus on school, but after deciding to apply at the pool on base, I applied at the YMCA off base, and got called this morning. My certificate is obviously expired, but I'm hopefully going to get in the class I found at the end of the month, so I can start early April. I will be working the early shift, so I can work, then swim, then still have my whole day ahead of me.

I'm very excited. I was in great shape when I was a lifeguard, I swam every day after I got off work, so it will only help my fitness goals, which is good, because I'm determined to meet my goals by the cruise in November.

Speaking of, plane tickets are ridiculously expensive. I spent two days straight trying to find the perfect tickets. We're getting there the night before the ship leaves so we can look around Miami a little before the ship leaves, plus, I loathe feeling rushed on vacation, so now we can take our time and really enjoy ourselves.

Have any of you cruised? Who did you sail with? Was it amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment