Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wraps, pie crusts, Thunder, oh my!

So before I start, I have something very important that needs to be said:

THUNDER UP!

Whew, glad I got that off my chest. But no, seriously. I hope y'all watch the game tonight, and you best be rooting for the Thunder!

This Sunday is Father's Day, as I'm sure you guys know, but my family is having a big get-together tomorrow at my parents' house. I could not, for the life of me, decide what to get my dad for Father's Day, and I'm a daddy's girl, so it was a big deal. I had the brilliant idea Monday to make him his favorite pie in the whole world: pecan! It just so happens to be Mark's favorite pie as well (that thing about girls marrying men just like their dads? true.), so I'm making pie today! The crust is in the fridge chilling right now, so I thought I'd share my recipe with you! I was going to use my mom's recipe, but I don't have a mixer currently, and it would have been really hard to do. So here's mine!

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, chilled and diced
1/4 ice water

Directions:
         In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill overnight, or at least 4 hours.

That's it! It's one of the easiest recipes, especially if you don't have a mixer!  You can add a little sugar, if you want a sweeter crust (I added just a pinch), or if you're making a savory pie, keep the salt the same, or add just a little more if you want to. I'm going to make the filling while dinner's cookie, so I'll post a picture Saturday of the final products!

Speaking of products..

I'm sure by now most of you have heard of It Works products, the wraps and supplements that are all natural, etc. And most, if not all of you, probably have serious doubts about the products, whether they actually work, if they're worth the money, etc.Well, here's my opinion:

Oh. My. Goodness. I did a wrap on each leg yesterday evening, left them on for about 3 hours (NCIS marathon, it was distracting), and so far, I've lost about 5 inches on each thigh. and I couldn't be more thrilled! I've used wraps before on my stomach and hate minor results, but they were still results! Their supplements are just as impressive, and since they're all natural, they're not harsh on your body like most are. They have a lot of different products, so if you're interested, I would look them up online, or check on facebook to find a distributor.

That's all I've got for now, I gotta go get dinner started so it can be done before the game tonight!

-KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment