Saturday, September 1, 2012

A new chapter

So, I have some extremely exciting news.

No, it is not a baby, like so many friends thought.

My husband is a member of the 33d combat comm here at Tinker, and they're starting the process of shutting the whole unit down. We have been waiting to see if we would get orders due to the shutdown, or just natural pcs orders for his time on station.

Well, I'm tickled pink to announce that we received orders last night for his time on station.

This spring, we will be moving to Ramstein AB, Germany.

OH MY GOOD GRAVY!

I've never been more than a couple days drive form Oklahoma, much less out of the country, and now, we'll be in beautiful Germany for the next two years! Mark has been there before, two years right after basic, so he's ecstatic to be going back! I'm very anxious, but I'm very excited as well. I've been wanting to go to Europe for a long time, and now I'll be living there.

We will be leaving in April 2013, so probably right after the holidays, I'll have to start getting things together that we want to take right away, and start preparing for TMO to come move our stuff. I've never pcsed before, and like I said, I've never left the country before either, so this will be a very new experience for me, and one that I'm eager to share with all of you! I'll share new details as we get them! If any of you have any pcsing tips, or want to share your experiences overseas, please share!

KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment