Monday, November 26, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I've been absent! There's been a lot going on! (Though in my life, when is there not?)

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I definitely did, we went to Arkansas to see my dad's side of the family, and since Mark was deployed this time last year, it was extra special, since he was meeting everyone for the first time. Having him there really meant a lot to me. We didn't go Black Friday shopping, we just drove home, but we did stop at the BX and get one of my gifts.

On that note, it's OFFICIALLY Christmas time in our house. We set the tree up, it's decorated, even have a few gifts under it already. I couldn't wait to get it all set up. This is our first Christmas where we've been able to set up the tree decorate, as he was gone last year and the year before we were still dating, so we're considering this our 'first Christmas' together.


I even made a wreath! I think it turned out super pretty for my first ever Christmas wreath. It was really easy to do. I bought it at the BX, wrapped some ribbon around it (blue with silver snowflakes), and added some red snowflake ornaments, and made a red and white bow to put on the bottom. Our Tree is silver and Air Force Blue, so we're kind of going with an Air Force/patriotic theme.

I've been spending a lot of time on Pinterest the last few weeks gathering up ideas for decorating and for cookie recipes to try out, and there's something that caught my eye that I'm dying to try, and will be trying this weekend! Making 'lumps of coal' out of Oreos and marshmallows.


So much for that diet. ;) but in all actuality, I haven't been that bad this year. I enjoyed myself, but I didn't over do it, and for that, I'm proud of myself. I've kind of fallen off the wagon with Insanity, but after feeling extremely refreshed by yoga tonight, I've been inspired to begin it again tomorrow. Pray that I can actually stick with it this time.

Also, I wanted to give a big shoutout to my husband. Tomorrow, November the 27th, is his five year anniversary in the United States Air Force, and Friday is his promotion ceremony. He becomes SSgt Johnson on December 1st. I just couldn't be any prouder of him, he's going to have an amazing career, and I'm blessed to be able to share it with him.


On a final, more somber note, please take a moment to remember that the war is still going on overseas, and that our service members are still laying down their lives for us. We had already decided to light a candle each evening, starting today, after dark in honor of those fighting and those who made the ultimate sacrifice, and sadly, a woman I know was notified today of her husband's death in the Middle East. Please, even if your spouse isn't in the military, take a moment, and just thank God that they're home safe with you. Many are not so lucky.

Have a great evening.
-KJ





No comments:

Post a Comment