Monday, May 21, 2012

A little thing called hope

I love R&R.

Like a lot.

It's been a little over a week since my husband returned home from his deployment, and even though we've been busy moving and with our new puppy, I feel like things are finally back to normal. And with that comes my return to being devoted to my fitness and health. I've been doing a lot of soul searching and thinking. As you know, I've tried a lot of different methods, products, plans, etc. and I've come to this conclusion:

I do not want to have the perfect beach body. I do not want to look airbrushed, or photoshopped, or fake. So with my new train of thought, I've come up with the following new goals:

Drink nothing but water.
Eat healthy.
Work out, zero excuses.
Most importantly, feel good.

It doesn't matter if I'm 145 or 165. If I don't feel good about myself, I'm going to work hard to change it. The last few weeks before Mark came home, I felt insecure, self conscious.. I wasn't comfortable in my skin. That, to me, is unacceptable. I'm going to love who I am.

Those of you who are trying to keep me down, step back. When the world whispers give up, hope whispers to try it one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment