Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The final countdown begins!

I'M SO EXCITED...

AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!

No, seriously. I'm excited. I'm down to single. digit. days. to my husband being home.

SINGLE DIGITS.

OH.EM.GEE.

I have a BEAUTIFUL hotel room reserved, we have dinner reservations, and all I need now is him! And I'm close to having that! Obviously, I'll be MIA for his R&R (two weeks without facebook or a cellphone, anyone?), but once we're back into a somewhat regular schedule (There's a PCS in our nearish future), I'll be posting up daily about my 90 day eating challenge from Blogilates! We're also starting p90X after he takes his Staff Sergeant test (any positive prayers and thoughts in his direction would be GREATLY appreciated!) so we can both get ready for vacation this fall! Going to Maryland so he can do the tough mudder, then to the beach for the rest of the week (including his birthday<3), then doing the USAF 5k that Saturday in Ohio, then it's off to VIVAAAAAA Las Vegas for my 21st birthday! How exciting!

Also, I've gotten several emails asking if I could explain what OPSEC is. Operational SEcurity is probably one of the more important things you should know was a military spouse, especially while he/she is deployed, or anywhere away from home. Basically, you should NEVER EVER post up specific dates, countdowns (i.e. I have 25 days left until Billy Bob comes home), or locations! If you still have questions, feel free to comment or send me more emails, and check out this site, it does a great job of explaining it!
http://www.capmembers.com/emergency_services/operations_support/operational-security-opsec/

Okay, I really have to get off and do some yoga to calm my self down (butterflies are killing me!) but tell me: what did you wear to your first homecoming?

-KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment