Thursday, February 7, 2013

Here's to a healthy lifestyle!

Hey y'all!

I've gotten quite a few questions the last few days and decided to address them. Most of them were along these lines:

How can I easily lose weight? How strict does my diet have to be? How can I lose a lot of weight fast? When will I see results from working out? How long do I have to work out to lose weight?

I've come to realized that our culture is into putting in the least amount of effort possible in order to achieve their goals.

In my journey to become a healthier, physically fit woman, I've drawn the following conclusions:

1. Weight loss is not entirely based on the gym and your workouts. 70% of your physique comes from your DIET, the other 30% from your physical activity. You can't eat whatever you want and expect to lose weight, no matter how much you workout, which leads me to my next point.

2. When it comes to counting calories, not all calories are created equal. It's not completely based on how much you eat, but also on WHAT you eat. 300 calories of lean protein and some veggies is much better for you than 300 calories of French fries from McDonald's. You are what you eat, and I'd rather be a lean mean machine than a fried potato.

3. If you count every single calorie every day for the rest of your life, you will probably lose your mind. It is ok to enjoy a piece of cake every once in a while. And when I say that, I do not mean every weekend. Be healthy, don't overindulge constantly, but don't become so strict that you can't or won't enjoy some dessert on your birthday or a piece of chocolate on Valentine's Day from your sweetie.

4. Don't give yourself an easy out. Don't stop working out for a week just because your abs hurt or your legs are sore from squats! Please please take care of yourself if you are sick or injured, but don't stop because it hurts. It's supposed to, to a point. My philosophy: if you're not puking, fainting, or dying, don't stop.

5. It will not always be fun. You will be sore, you will not want to get up and workout, you will want that piece of cake at the office party, and you will probably say you're giving up more than once. But don't. Be frustrated, cry if you have to, and move on. If you want results, you have to work for them, and have to put in the effort. Don't give yourself excuses, give yourself results that you've worked hard for.

You are worth it. I know that, now go prove it to yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment