Monday, February 18, 2013

Work hard, play hard, workout even harder

I'll be honest.

I had one of the best workouts ever today. I was at the gym for TWO. HOURS. I just wanted to keep going; I legitimately ENJOYED my workout today. I spent forty minutes going as fast as I could on the elliptical,  spent about fifteen minutes on the bike at a high intensity,  did about fifteen on the treadmill, then another thirty on the elliptical.  My friend Andrea and her fiance came while I was there, and she and I did a little lifting before they left.

That inspired me. Tomorrow,  I'm going to do my hour of cardio, then I'm going to spend the rest of my time on weights.  I'm starting at the lighter end, until I get better at my form, but I'm really looking forward to the challenge. Maybe I can get my hubby to come with me, he's been trying to get into better shape too.

I'm usually a Pilates kind of girl, so I will probably still do that as well, but I would love to really get into weights. So I'm altering my workout plan for two weeks to see how it goes. I'm stikl working the same areas on the same days, just lifting weights instead of Pilates to see if I get better results! I'll post a before and after when my two weeks are up!

Stay healthy!

-KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment