Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Power of Positive

There's a basic rule, in my opinion,  that you have to follow in order to live a happy life.

You have to surround yourself with positive people. People who will build you up, not make snide comments at you, people who will challenge you to be a better person, not make you feel like you have to be better than everyone around you to be a better person. People who will honestly be happy for your achievements,  not trying to make theirs sound greater, and yours lesser.

Earlier this week, after a lot of drama on Facebook (I won't go into it now, maybe another post), I realized that someone I had considered a good friend, and trusted, was not what I needed in my life. It made the sadness at what happened hurt a little less, because I realized how much negativity this person brought into my life, how they were always making everything a competition,  and how much they had brought me down from the person I should be.

I realized that I haven't been putting everything I have into my workouts,  or things around the house,  because I was so worried about what people would think about me. I realized that I am a  moron. And finally getting that made me both happy and sad, because I have wasted so much time.

Today marks the beginning of a journey for me. Not only in regards to my health,  but in my life.  I'm going to try to be a better friend, daughter, sister,  wife,  person. The more positive you put into the world,  the more you will get back.

I'd like to take a second and say thank you to my husband, Mark. He has put up with so much during our marriage so far, and he knows I'm far from perfect, but supports and loves me the way I am.

My final thought:
The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment